A Learning Community for Calgary.
For the first time in Canada, UNION School of Theology has a Learning Community established to train pastors, located in Calgary, Alberta. This Learning Community is hosted by Calvary Grace Church located at 204 6A Street NE in the core of downtown Calgary and the lead mentor is Clint Humfrey. Through our approved Learning Communities, Union aims to serve the Church by providing an affordable, flexible, accessible option for formal theological education. Our state-of-the-art online platform makes this possible as never before, and with excellent mentors and local tutors provides an enhanced way of learning in the context of the local church. On offer is the Graduate Diploma in Theological Studies. Here are a few highlights of the program:
- The Graduate Diploma in Theology (GDip)
- As a transitional degree, the GDip is designed for potential pastors and missionaries with some education in a different field who wish to pursue theological training.
- The degree is fully accredited by the agency overseeing all British Universities.
- For two years of part-time studies, students can receive a grounding in theological studies that prepares them for frontline ministry or further training in accredited degree programs.
- The Learning Community is a unique place of mentoring and support as students take the course via the Union Cloud, an innovative online delivery system for lectures, libraries and more.
- The Learning Community Lead Mentor is on hand for spiritual mentoring for ministry, as well as helping to integrate the student’s learning experience with daily life.
- The course is offered near downtown Calgary in three modules, one day per week during the school year. Students learn in a hybrid environment, online, yet together with guided discussion and application.
- Courses are taught by pastor-scholars such as Ray Ortlund Jr., Jim Hamilton, Michael Reeves, Robert Letham, and more.
Are you seeking an accredited theological education? Are you presently working full-time, or otherwise unable to relocate elsewhere in Canada or to the United States for scripturally sound theological training? Do you live in Southern Alberta, within driving distance of Calgary? Are you seeking an education that is biblically faithful and honors the commitments and heritage of the Protestant Reformation?
If so, Union Calgary may be what you are looking for.
Click this link: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR FALL 2017
The President of UNION, Dr. Michael Reeves has said:
We want to see the worldwide church grow – to see individual churches blessed, revitalized and going on to plant more churches. But if churches are to be vibrant, they need leaders who truly love God and share his passions. Through our education, training and resources, we are raising well-rounded leaders who delight in God, grow in Christ, serve the church and bless the world.
Here is Michael Reeves’ message from Shepherds’ Conference 2017
Want to see our prospectus? Check it out here.