Calvary Grace women’s ministry endeavours to honour God by teaching and discipling women according to sound doctrine, under the oversight of church leadership.
The specific aim is to cultivate a joyful passion for God’s design for womanhood, and to equip single and married women to apply this to their lives displaying the gospel of Christ in the home, church and culture.
Throughout the year we have:
- Bible studies - fall and spring
- Women's Brunches - these times of fellowship provide the opportunity for women to get to know one another and bring along family or friends to hear gospel testimonies
- Prayer groups that meet during the day weekly or biweekly
- A women’s track at the annual Calvary Grace winter conference
- A retreat/conference every other year (2018, 2020, etc.)
Theology and Philosophy of the Men’s and Women’s Ministries
We believe that God displays his glory through his design for manhood and womanhood, which creates human flourishing in the family, church and culture.
Masculinity and femininity is not defined by marital status but is based on who we are by nature, created male and female in the image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). However, distorted and confused teaching on biblical sexuality and gender roles has blurred the complementary differences between men and women. In effect, many people cannot answer: What does it mean to be a man and not a woman? Or what does it mean to be a woman and not a man?
Therefore our men’s and women’s ministries have the specific aim of teaching biblical manhood and womanhood and developing mature men and women of God. We want to define and display Christ-redeemed sexuality in the church in all our different relationships. So we aim to affirm the equality, but delineate the difference. And we want to celebrate both.
See the Danvers Statement for our theological position on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.